Agent Cooper

I drew this today, before I started normal drawing. I think I'm going to start little drawings like this likenesses of real people from time to time for the sake of drawing better. Or drawing likenesses better. Also, I was sorting through some boxes and found some of these cards I'd made to draw on. So, I guess that's what spurred it.

I don't know why exactly I chose him, other than it struck me that he would be hard to get down. I'm not really pleased with the end result. I don't think I really nailed him as much as I'd have liked to. People that are sort of plain or generic (i.e., without a horn in their head or something) are hard to draw recognizably. (I'm reminded of a time when I tried to draw Clark Gable, and it kept coming out like every other caricature of him anyone had ever drawn that don't actually look like him.)

I'm not too disappointed though, a quick look at drawings of Kyle MacLachlan revealed that vector tracings straight from screencaps aren't even really that recognizable (at least to me). I think that with some faces, more recognizability comes from the shapes that shadows and forms make than the outlines of features. And I think this may be one of those faces.

The drawing's 2x3, I think? I added some photoshop grey. I may ink it the next time I ink and color it the next time I color something. Maybe some shades of color will help with the likeness.

Also funny, this wasn't really based on a single photo, but it looks like any one of them because he looks the same in almost every image or screencap that he isn't doing something in.

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing Table Tuesday

Cover

10 YEAR POST