Colorin'

I'm pretty happy with how these lines came out. I tried to get those ghost smudges in the lines on this one*. It's had to reproduce errors non-uniformly. I thought this one came out pretty well, but I won't know for sure until the test proof I had printed gets here. It's been my experience, that blacks print about a hundred times darker than they look on screen, so those blacks should print black enough.

This looks great at 600ppi, but I'm not sure what normal photo printers print at, or at least, how well they print it. I'm not sure if the fake printing errors are exaggerated enough to show up well when it's printed and they're all twice as small. Right now though, I feel that if this looks just like high quality scans of real printed stuff, then it should look just like those when it's printed the same size they are to begin with. But I guess we'll see.

Also, I'm totally not making that show. I'm okay with that though. I'd like to reveal these all at once; it feels like dropping a bomb or something. So, until these are all done, only ambiguous sections and details of them.

*Next one or so, I'll try to get that halo/hollow block printed look. I'm a little less sure how to get that one; I've seen a few people (try to) do it, but I haven't seen anyone do it convincingly. But, then again, I didn't know how to get this one until I thought about it for a while, so I'll just try it when I've come up with something that I think'll work.

Popular posts from this blog

Cover

10 YEAR POST

Drawing Table Tuesday